Set up by government in 2015, the Careers and Enterprise Company’s mission is to help every young person find their best next step. They are the national body for careers education in England, delivering support to schools and colleges to deliver modern, 21st century careers education.
Their vision and what they do:
We know that:
- A best next step is not the same for every young person
- Young people face uncertainty and opportunity – now more than ever
- Difficulties are not evenly spread
That’s why their vision is to make high quality, 21st century careers education a reality for everyone, everywhere.
The Careers and Enterprise Company do this by:
- Supporting schools and colleges to deliver excellence – through information, resources, tools, training, their network of Careers Hubs and communities of best practice.
- Supporting employers to engage with purpose – by making it easy for them to connect into schools and colleges as one of their 4000 senior business volunteers working with Careers Leaders on their careers programmes, or as part of their 300 strong ‘Cornerstone Employer’ community working to transform careers education across multiple schools and colleges in their local areas.
- Including all young people in careers education – through their digital tools for Careers Leaders enabling them to target and tailor their careers interventions across years and cohorts, their specialist networks and resources to support young people with SEND, those in Alternative Provision settings and those in Independent Training Providers.
Find out more: https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk