The Programme Administrator sits at the heart of the Careers Hub and the Careers hub helps schools and colleges improve their careers and enterprise programmes and to engage with the world of work.
Working closely with the Careers Hub Manager, and the Enterprise Coordinators you will provide programme administration support to the team.
We see the role being a combination of working from home, the office in Penrith and face to face meetings where required. The position is full-time, but for the right person we can consider a part-time contract.
|Job Title:||Programme Administrator|
|Holidays:||25 days + Bank Holidays|
|Pension:||A contributory pension scheme of 5%, 7% or 10% which is matched by CLEP|
|Location:||Penrith or home, there is an expectation that you will be external facing, and on occasion attending face-to-face meetings with stakeholders in a range of settings, within Cumbria, but also at occasional national events.|
|Terms:||Fixed-term contracts until 31st August 2023|
The Careers & Enterprise Programme Administrator sits at the heart of the Careers Hub Team to support the Enterprise Coordinators and the Careers Hub Manager helping schools and colleges improve their careers and enterprise programmes and to engage with the world of work.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the team in setting up school/college meetings (each school/college Career Leader should meet with a member of the team at least once a term);
- Providing the support resources for schools/colleges to help them deliver their careers programme;
- Arranging our cluster group meetings once a term (Mainstream School, Inclusion Community of Practice and Further Education cluster) circulating agendas, managing attendance, taking and distributing minutes and monitoring actions;
- Delivering the Careers Hub Communications Plan with schools and colleges, Enterprise Advisers, Stakeholders and on our Careers Hub Website and social media platforms including LinkedIn;
- Setting up and managing the Careers Hub CPD sessions for our schools and Enterprise Advisers;
- Working with the available data to help prioritise activity to support institutions and hit agreed targets in partnership with the team;
- Supporting the design and delivery of the Careers Conference in February with partners and the team;
- Supporting the delivery of the Teacher Encounter Project in partnership with the team;
- Providing support to the three task and finish groups detailed in the Careers Hub strategic plan;
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders;
- Acting as an ambassador for Cumbria LEP and the Careers & Enterprise Company (CEC) including raising the profile of the Network through communication and marketing channels to engage with key local stakeholders;
- Building an understanding of the local context of careers provision and providers including National Apprenticeship Service, National Careers Service, and Job Centre Plus;
- Contributing to the monitoring and impact tracking as required;
- Attending The CEC national and local training events and meetings where appropriate.
Skills and core competencies
- Demonstrable experience of engaging and building effective relationships with stakeholders and colleagues;
- Strong prioritisation and planning skills and the ability to work as part of a team and with the ability and confidence to work alone;
- Ability to resolve problems when they arise;
- Collaborative and good at building relationships at all levels, both internally and with a range of external stakeholders;
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently, prioritising a busy workload, managing relationships with many stakeholders, and adapting conflicting priorities and deadlines;
- Adaptable, tenacious, determined, positive and resilient with the ability to deal with ambiguity in a changing environment;
- Competent use of a range of digital and IT and social media platforms to improve and raise awareness of the direct impact of the network;
You should submit your CV together with a covering letter outlining how you meet the skills and core competencies in the job profile to Cath.Dutton@thecumbrialep.co.uk, by 5pm 16 November 2022.
Interviews will be held on 24 November 2022, please keep this date free in your diary to help with interview planning. All applications will be acknowledged and you will hear the outcome of your application by the end of 17 November 2022. To find out more about the role please feel free to call Cath Dutton on 07795402044.